The oxygen generator filters and concentrates the oxygen molecules in the ambient air to provide patients with 90% to 96% pure oxygen. At present, in addition to the use of oxygen concentrators in hospitals, most households also purchase oxygen concentrators. There are many precautions during the operation and use of the oxygen concentrator. The specific content can be further understood through the following article.
1. Who is suitable for the oxygen generator?
- Respiratory system diseases: pneumonia, bronchitis, chronic bronchitis, viral respiratory infections, asthma, emphysema, pulmonary heart disease, etc.
- Cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases: hypertension, heart disease, coronary heart disease, myocardial infarction, cerebral thrombosis, cerebral ischemia, cerebral vertigo, atherosclerosis, etc.
- High altitude hypoxia: high altitude pulmonary edema, acute mountain sickness, chronic mountain sickness, high altitude coma, high altitude hypoxia, etc.
- People who are susceptible to hypoxia: middle-aged and elderly people, pregnant women, students who have been engaged in mental work for a long time, company employees, and government officials; people who have been engaged in underground or confined space operations for a long time, and people with insufficient oxygen supply due to excessive exercise, etc.
- Other people who need oxygen therapy: frail and diseased people with poor immunity, heatstroke, gas poisoning, drug poisoning, etc.
2. Can healthy people use oxygen generators?
It is not recommended for healthy people to use the oxygen concentrator. The oxygen content in the air is sufficient. Using the oxygen concentrator under good health conditions may cause oxygen poisoning. Only people with mild and moderate symptoms are recommended to use the oxygen concentrator. Oxygen machine. Used in the case of mild breathing difficulties, it can help relieve the problem of breathing difficulties. To use the oxygen generator, you need to use it under the prescription of a doctor, and do not adjust the oxygen concentration arbitrarily. Using the oxygen concentrator without a doctor’s prescription or adjusting the oxygen treatment by yourself may cause too much or too little oxygen and cause safety problems. In the case of severe breathing difficulties, please go to the hospital for medical treatment immediately.
3. Can the oxygen generator use tap water?
I believe that friends who have used domestic oxygen generators know that pure water is added to the water tank when the machine is running, so that the oxygen will not be too dry, so we need to put it in the humidifying bottle every time we use the domestic oxygen generator Add a certain amount of water to it. The best source of water is pure water. Avoid adding tap water directly to the water tank, because tap water is not pure and contains fine impurities. It is easy to clog the filter after evaporation.
4. What are the precautions for the use of the oxygen generator?
- Patients who buy a home oxygen generator should read the instructions carefully before using it
- Avoid open flames when using the oxygen generator to avoid fire.
- The oxygen generator should be placed steadily, otherwise it will increase the noise of the oxygen generator.
- The water level in the humidification bottle should not be too high (the water level should be half of the bottle body), otherwise the water in the bottle will easily escape or enter the oxygen suction tube. It is generally at 1/2 position of the humidification bottle.
- When the oxygen generator is not used for a long time, please cut off the power supply, pour off the water in the humidifying bottle, wipe the surface of the oxygen generator clean, cover it with a plastic cover, and store it in a dry place without sunlight.
- When the oxygen generator is turned on, do not place the flowmeter float on the zero position.
- Pay special attention when filling the oxygen bag with the oxygen generator. After the oxygen bag is filled, you must first unplug the oxygen bag intubation, and then turn off the oxygen generator switch, otherwise it will easily cause the negative pressure of the humidification bottle to suck back in Household oxygen concentrator, causing failure of the household oxygen concentrator.
- During transportation and storage, it is strictly forbidden to place it horizontally, upside down, damp or direct sunlight!
5. How to maintain the oxygen generator?
- Place the household oxygen concentrator in a dry and ventilated place, avoid placing it in a damp place, and cover the oxygen concentrator with a cloth when not in use. The bottom of the oxygen generator should be flat, and the machine cannot be energized if it is not placed steadily.
- Do not allow oil or grease to come into contact with the oxygen generator to avoid fire when such substances are exposed to oxygen.
- When producing oxygen, keep the indoor air clean, and it is strictly forbidden to smoke indoors.
- Do not place objects on the household oxygen concentrator, such as cups, mobile phones, MP4, books, etc., which will affect the heat dissipation of the oxygen concentrator.
- The water tank should be thoroughly cleaned every week, and the oxygen pipe and oxygen inhaler should be disinfected and cleaned for about three days after long-term use. It can be disinfected with 5% potassium permanganate for about 5 minutes and then rinsed with water or wiped clean with alcohol . When it is not used for a long time, clean the water in the humidifying water tank, disinfect and wash the oxygen pipe and oxygen inhalation, and place it in a dry place.